Labels

Total Pageviews

Friday, March 15, 2013

You need a mind Doctor, not me

My niece is on short vacation to my home, we were having great time together and learning.I was giving tips to improve drawing and handwriting.

Today morning we had a brief chat I thought to take advantage of a young mind and take tips of memory from her, as she read lot of bookss and get good grades can also analyse her memory  too..


 Cute conversation with my 10 year old niece 

Source pic: karate kid


Dhoom Dhoom ( me she calls me like that) : I need a favor from you, can you help me out by telling how to improve my memory, as I am appearing in exams of my course?

Sri Manya ( niece) : you need to study daily 3-4 hours.!!!

Doom Doom : What else, am trying to do that but I forget easily.

Sri Manya : Tell me first, do you want to pass the exam  just like that or do u want  to remember things for ever?

Dhoom Dhoom : hmm may be for the exam. ( I was not expect this type of probing from, i was like meow meow in front of her..)

Sri Manya : look than you don't have to understand what you are reading , just read and memorize daily 2-3 hours. ( she didn't expected this answer from me she was surprised, why would some one pass exam just like that esp me, yet she handled my question with patience like a  good teacher)

Dhoom Dhoom : hmm..,( making a face)..am not able to memorize it..

Sri Manya : Then there is only one way left is to understand  it properly and read it you will certainly learn and never forget it...( Very seriously she advised)

Dhoom Dhoom : hmm , but na i keep on forgetting things i have huge course books , lots of formulae.

Sri Manya :  Look Dhoom, If you have large chapters, make it into bits and understand it first and than memorize . viz like my Evs ( environmental science), i have huge chapter i break it in short and learned ; then she gave me subject knowledge of micro organisms- they are 4 types, bacteria, virus,fungus and protozoa..(mm..mm.. and their shapes, good and bad organisms etc..look Dhoom there is no other way except to understand ...( hehe..)

Dhoom Dhoom : true true , but hmm what happens ( making face of excuse) is when read, i cant remember next day i  forget..!!!! ( i was thinking , could have got such a good counselor when i was in college , i would have been become brilliant student hehe)

Sri Manya : (from here; her face begin to change), kyaaa even short term also u CANT remember??? A little louder also..

Dhom Dhoom : ya ya..

Sri Manya : Then it is better you go and  RETURN your course books and ask them to return Money...
you are not fit..you cant do , leave it..

Dhoom Dhoom : @#$#!#$#$..!!!!! what....Numb for a while..after getting conscious again, If i wanted to leave it why would i ask you, its very easy to leave, am asking  for your help plz..plz...

Sri Manya : I think you are testing me..how can you forget so fast..ahaha..smiling cited some thing fishy in me, ( she asked the proof, than i showed the my CFP course material to her, after analyzing the material she believed)...

Dhoom Dhoom : No no am serious..i want to learn and  wanted to finish this course plz tell me..

Sri Manya : Look Dhoom "if you think you are really feel you can do it, than you can do it , you can easily memorize , i think , you just  for saying you wanted to do course, or else  how can one forget very next day?..!!!! ( now she started to probe me..fully)

Dhoom Dhoom : ya you are right, that's what i wanted learn from you..

Sri Manya : I think ", you need a mind Doctor, not me.." you should know to ask age appropriate questions..I only know this..

Dhoom Dhoom : @#@$%@#$#%@#$#$ whole mind swirling ..I was laughing out loud..




Source pic: karate kid

 I could not stop laughing.. Now i have no way either i should understand and pass or visit a Doc..!!! 

Kids are super teachers..!!!
Thank you manya..



1 comment:

  1. what a wonderful title, mind blowing way of presenting it, great lively conversation.. and it will stay forever when presented in a lively way.. Thank u Manya, u have counseled me too.. I am doing a course and I forget easily too.. Now I know I have to understand and memorize..U r a wonderful teacher..
    Thank u Diwaker ji , for sharing this with us..VERY VERY LIVELY AND LOVELY..it just brought the whole picture ..infront ..and great pic..thank u so much.

    ReplyDelete